Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default toolbar commands

I have started using Excel (Off prof 2003)to make charts.I can make them
alright,but when I try to change the chart type I get a message saying "This
operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.Please contact your systems administrater."
I've contacted HP and they say there are NO restrictions and that it has to
be microsoft.Ive contacted microsoft and they can tell me NOTHING!!
IS there anything at all that I can do ????
I'm desperate here!!
Please help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Reinstalling might be your best option. Either that or try resetting
everything to default. Without actually sitting at the computer I
imagine this will be a very difficult problem to diagnorse. Thought
though: Are the files with the charts made by someone else or are you
making them from scratch? If they're premade, it might be a setting in
the file.

Zippoduck wrote:
I have started using Excel (Off prof 2003)to make charts.I can make them
alright,but when I try to change the chart type I get a message saying "This
operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.Please contact your systems administrater."
I've contacted HP and they say there are NO restrictions and that it has to
be microsoft.Ive contacted microsoft and they can tell me NOTHING!!
IS there anything at all that I can do ????
I'm desperate here!!
Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are on a company network, your system administrator is someone within
your organization. There is a setting on your computer that only an
authorized administrator can change. If it is your personal computer then
you should be the administrator and you can check to see if there is a
restriction on your files and remove it. Click ToolsProtection and if you
see Unprotect, click it. If it say Protect Sheet, then don't click it.

Then click ToolsOptionsSecurity and look at the settings for worksheet
protection there. However, if these settings were checked, you should have
gotten a notice when you opened the file.

"Zippoduck" wrote:

I have started using Excel (Off prof 2003)to make charts.I can make them
alright,but when I try to change the chart type I get a message saying "This
operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.Please contact your systems administrater."
I've contacted HP and they say there are NO restrictions and that it has to
be microsoft.Ive contacted microsoft and they can tell me NOTHING!!
IS there anything at all that I can do ????
I'm desperate here!!
Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Its my home comp.I checked the settings you were talking about.Under
tools-protection there are 4 drop downs.2 have a lock icon but they aren't
checked-protect sheet & protect wkbk. The other 2 (allow users to edir ranges
&protect & share wkbk just have like people icons.
Thats the way they are supposed to be right?
Theres no checks on any of them.
On the security tab theres nothing there either.
I'm at wits end.

"Zippoduck" wrote:

I have started using Excel (Off prof 2003)to make charts.I can make them
alright,but when I try to change the chart type I get a message saying "This
operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.Please contact your systems administrater."
I've contacted HP and they say there are NO restrictions and that it has to
be microsoft.Ive contacted microsoft and they can tell me NOTHING!!
IS there anything at all that I can do ????
I'm desperate here!!
Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled until Im probably wearing the disk
out.Nothing changes.Even tried a restore point on my computer at the request
of HP.
The charts are ones I'm making myself.From my own data.Still nothing changes.