Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Sorting

I am trying to match debits and credits within a tolerance limit.In
order to do this I copied the values column into a blank column and
removed the minus signs from my sample and sorted it into ascending
order.This gives me results similar to my example below.

Using set 1
Now in order to match I'm summing the first two numbers and if they're
within my tolerance range cutting and pasting to a new sheet, deleting
the blank row
and continuing, so you'll see that the first two match to within 0.02
so they go to another sheet, the second two to within -0.01, that's
okay so off they go.
Pair three summed gives 2.95, outside my tolerance so in this instance
I remove only the upper number (position on screen) which is 1.46 to a
separate
worksheet and continue. Next paired would be 1.49 and -1.50 again they
are within my tolerance limit so would go to another worksheet. This
system works
fine until you encounter numbers in the following order.

Set 1
-0.95
0.97
1.21
-1.22
1.46
1.49
-1.5
-1.91
1.92

Using set 2
Only the two marked with an asterisk make a pair using my above rule
although they should all match off, the problem is the order in which
they appear causes rejections to the other worksheet.

Set 2
-20,399.84
-20,399.84
-20,399.84 *
20,399.84 *
20,399.84
20,399.84

So my question is how do I sort my figures in ascending order, easy
enough if I use a column with the minus signs removed but also ensure
that the sdata apears debit, credit, debit credit???????

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil.