Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Blah

Default custom sorting

Hello, I'd like to sort two lists of data which each contain multiple
columns of data for each record. I want to preserve the order of one of
the lists and sort the other list by it...

by the way, it doesn't seem to work when I do the tools custom list
way...I'm still forced to select a column to sort by after I specify
the key order and it will then just sort by the column rather than the
key list...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

If this is a one-off sort you could, on the list you wish to preserve,
include a column that contained the Row() number of each item, and
then, from the list you wish to sort, do a VLookUp and select that row
number. Sort the list on this vlook'd up value.

Hope this helps

--

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543032