Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Embedded button (ActiveX)

Hi! I have a spreadsheet that I have gotten from someone else. On that
spreadsheet is a button that runs a a macro when pressed. However I cannot
move the button or delete it as I can with other buttons placed on a
spreadsheet normally. When checking the code for the spreadsheet I only find
this:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
MakeAsyncRequest 0
End Sub

I have tried right-ckliking the button and everthing but I cannot change the
button in any way. Is this an activeX button (I dont know much about this but
spreadsheet is some sort of activeX). I have two questions:
1) Is it possible to move/resize/delete this button in any way and if so how?
2) How can I make such a button myself?

Any help appreciated! Thanks alot!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are 2 types of controls available that look the same but have very
different operation. Controls from the Forms toolbar and controls from the
Control Toolbox toolbar. Form controls can be accessed from a right-click.
Toolbox controls are ActiveX and must be in Design Mode to be accessed from
a right-click. There is an ICON on the Control Toolbox toolbar that looks
like a triangle. This will toggle design mode on & off for all controls
created from that toolbar. These controls are much more versatile in that
they have their own code module and extended properties.
Mike F
"Arne Hegefors" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Arne, the button was created from the "Control Toolbox" Toolbar, turn
that toolbar on then click the button that says "Design Mode" now you
can do with the button what you want.

Charles