Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy and Paste from WEB SITE

When I copy and paste to a workbook the USA TODAY NFL spreads, I lose every
other row such as follows:
A B C D
1 BUFFALO 5½ N.Y. Jets 34½

3 PITTSBURGH 2 Cincinnati 41½

5 INDIANAPOLIS 7 Jacksonville 44½

7 MIAMI 11 Tennessee 36

THERE IS AN A2 CELL BUT NO B2, C2, OR D2 CELL...THE A2 CELL STRETCHES AS FAR
AS D2...LIKEWISE FOR CELLS A4, A6, A8, ...,ETC.

hOW CAN I FIX THIS SO THAT MY COPY AND PASTE COVERS all CELLS (SO i CAN
APPLY FORMULAS, ETC.)?????

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank you,

FLKulchar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

also, if you stick with pasting, after you have pasted, select column 1 and
do Data=Text to Columns, select delimited and then select space as delimiter
on the next tab in the wizard.

Tom Ogilvy

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote:

When I copy and paste to a workbook the USA TODAY NFL spreads, I lose every
other row such as follows:
A B C D
1 BUFFALO 5½ N.Y. Jets 34½

3 PITTSBURGH 2 Cincinnati 41½

5 INDIANAPOLIS 7 Jacksonville 44½

7 MIAMI 11 Tennessee 36

THERE IS AN A2 CELL BUT NO B2, C2, OR D2 CELL...THE A2 CELL STRETCHES AS FAR
AS D2...LIKEWISE FOR CELLS A4, A6, A8, ...,ETC.

hOW CAN I FIX THIS SO THAT MY COPY AND PASTE COVERS all CELLS (SO i CAN
APPLY FORMULAS, ETC.)?????

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank you,

FLKulchar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried this...the problem is, when I pasted the image into my workbook, it
was dumped into 5 columns...NOT 1...therefore, "text to columns" did not work.

pls. advise,

flkulchar

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote:

When I copy and paste to a workbook the USA TODAY NFL spreads, I lose every
other row such as follows:
A B C D
1 BUFFALO 5½ N.Y. Jets 34½

3 PITTSBURGH 2 Cincinnati 41½

5 INDIANAPOLIS 7 Jacksonville 44½

7 MIAMI 11 Tennessee 36

THERE IS AN A2 CELL BUT NO B2, C2, OR D2 CELL...THE A2 CELL STRETCHES AS FAR
AS D2...LIKEWISE FOR CELLS A4, A6, A8, ...,ETC.

hOW CAN I FIX THIS SO THAT MY COPY AND PASTE COVERS all CELLS (SO i CAN
APPLY FORMULAS, ETC.)?????

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank you,

FLKulchar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A2 CELL STRETCHES AS FAR AS D2

was what I was going on, which, to me, said it was all in one column.

As Don Said, post the URL so we can see if we can reproduce the problem and
suggest a fix.

Tom Ogilvy

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote in
message ...

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote:

When I copy and paste to a workbook the USA TODAY NFL spreads, I lose
every
other row such as follows:
A B C D
1 BUFFALO 5½ N.Y. Jets 34½

3 PITTSBURGH 2 Cincinnati 41½

5 INDIANAPOLIS 7 Jacksonville 44½

7 MIAMI 11 Tennessee 36

THERE IS AN A2 CELL BUT NO B2, C2, OR D2 CELL...THE A2 CELL STRETCHES
AS FAR
AS D2...LIKEWISE FOR CELLS A4, A6, A8, ...,ETC.

hOW CAN I FIX THIS SO THAT MY COPY AND PASTE COVERS all CELLS (SO i CAN
APPLY FORMULAS, ETC.)?????

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank you,

FLKulchar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm

is the WEB SITE..

I copy the NFL spreads only, and when I paste, it goes into 5 columns...

please advise,

flkulchar

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote:

When I copy and paste to a workbook the USA TODAY NFL spreads, I lose
every
other row such as follows:
A B C D
1 BUFFALO 5½ N.Y. Jets 34½

3 PITTSBURGH 2 Cincinnati 41½

5 INDIANAPOLIS 7 Jacksonville 44½

7 MIAMI 11 Tennessee 36

THERE IS AN A2 CELL BUT NO B2, C2, OR D2 CELL...THE A2 CELL STRETCHES
AS FAR
AS D2...LIKEWISE FOR CELLS A4, A6, A8, ...,ETC.

hOW CAN I FIX THIS SO THAT MY COPY AND PASTE COVERS all CELLS (SO i CAN
APPLY FORMULAS, ETC.)?????

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank you,

FLKulchar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use this to create the query and then just refresh it when desired.
Use another macro to get the data you want on another tab or use VLOOKUP
formulas

=VLOOKUP(A6,Sheet3!$A$76:$D$184,2,0)

Sub CreateWebQuery()
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="" _
& "URL;http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm", _
Destination:=Range("A4"))
.BackgroundQuery = True
.SaveData = True