Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pause

hi,

I have the following:

'//-------------------------------------------------
'-Make sure total lines titled "totals" in sheet "options" are all equal
'//-------------------------------------------------
Sheets("options").Activate
Sheets("options").Select
MsgBox "Make sure total lines titled 'totals' in sheet optionsare all equal"

I would like for the code to be able to pause to allow the user to actually
performs what the messagebox is instructing, then for the code to continue
execution when the user clicks the messagebox or something. How can I do
this?

Thanks in advance,
geebee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use a modeless Userform to display your message.

Userform1.show vbModeless

Tom Ogilvy

"geebee" wrote:

hi,

I have the following:

'//-------------------------------------------------
'-Make sure total lines titled "totals" in sheet "options" are all equal
'//-------------------------------------------------
Sheets("options").Activate
Sheets("options").Select
MsgBox "Make sure total lines titled 'totals' in sheet optionsare all equal"

I would like for the code to be able to pause to allow the user to actually
performs what the messagebox is instructing, then for the code to continue
execution when the user clicks the messagebox or something. How can I do
this?

Thanks in advance,
geebee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,

Then how do I resume back to the code after the form is closed, without
putting all of the code that follows in the UserForms "contunue button" I
added?

Thanks in advance,
geebee

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

use a modeless Userform to display your message.

Userform1.show vbModeless

Tom Ogilvy

"geebee" wrote:

hi,

I have the following:

'//-------------------------------------------------
'-Make sure total lines titled "totals" in sheet "options" are all equal
'//-------------------------------------------------
Sheets("options").Activate
Sheets("options").Select
MsgBox "Make sure total lines titled 'totals' in sheet optionsare all equal"

I would like for the code to be able to pause to allow the user to actually
performs what the messagebox is instructing, then for the code to continue
execution when the user clicks the messagebox or something. How can I do
this?

Thanks in advance,
geebee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would have to put a continue button on the userform for the user to
indicate they had finished doing their work on the worksheet.

Lotus has the provision for the code to pause and let the user make changes
on the sheet. Excel doesn't have that capability. so you have to kludge
together a solution if your want to do that.

Without knowing what you are doing, I would have the code check the
condition that needs to be satisfied and if the code couldn't fix it itself,
then warn the user and quit. Tell them to run the procedure again when they
have fixed the sheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

use a modeless Userform to display your message.

Userform1.show vbModeless

Tom Ogilvy

"geebee" wrote:

hi,

I have the following:

'//-------------------------------------------------
'-Make sure total lines titled "totals" in sheet "options" are all equal
'//-------------------------------------------------
Sheets("options").Activate
Sheets("options").Select
MsgBox "Make sure total lines titled 'totals' in sheet optionsare all equal"

I would like for the code to be able to pause to allow the user to actually
performs what the messagebox is instructing, then for the code to continue
execution when the user clicks the messagebox or something. How can I do
this?

Thanks in advance,
geebee

Best way to pause? Ramthebuffs[_26_] Excel Programming 2 March 1st 06 03:48 AM
Pause a macro? JohnnyJomp Excel Programming 4 March 10th 05 10:17 PM
Pause a Macro? Jimbo Excel Programming 2 October 14th 04 04:21 AM
Pause cogent Excel Programming 3 June 2nd 04 05:54 AM
Pause? Pete Fedrowitz Excel Programming 2 February 13th 04 06:05 PM