Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Best way to pause?

I am running a WinHttp.WinHttpRequest and would like to pause in between
loops. Currently I have Application.Wait Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 5)
During the pause the CPU gets up to 100% and remains there until the
pause is done. Is there a better way to put a pause in a macro that is
less taxing on the CPU?

--
Ramthebuffs
Ramthebuffs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16429

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've tried this but it seems to freeze in excel Application.OnTime Now
TimeSerial(0, 0, 5), "GetResults

--
Ramthebuff
Ramthebuffs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1642

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the Ontime function does work, but it doesn't show screen updates or
allow me to work with excel when its running. Here is what I have with
Ontime Application.OnTime Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 5), "GetResults"
Have I not entered it correctly or something? Is it freezing because
its set for a short period of time?

--
Ramthebuffs
Ramthebuffs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16429
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517610

Pause a macro? JohnnyJomp Excel Programming 4 March 10th 05 10:17 PM
Pause cogent Excel Programming 3 June 2nd 04 05:54 AM
Pause? Pete Fedrowitz Excel Programming 2 February 13th 04 06:05 PM
Pause in execution Tom Ogilvy Excel Programming 0 September 4th 03 05:33 PM
Pause a VBA Module Rick Campbell Excel Programming 2 August 12th 03 02:08 AM