Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 97/2003 VBA merged cells

Hello

I have a problem which appears to be to do with the different ways in
which Excel 97 and 2003 treat merged cells.

In an Excel 2003 worksheet cell G5 is merged from 4 cells (G5:J5)

The following Excel 2003 VBA code works well ("OPS" is a named range
for cell G5):

If Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then 'do nothing if more than one cell is
changed

If Target.Address = Range("OPS").Address Then
'do stuff

'rest of code cut

The code fails in Excel 97. Stepping through the code reveals that
Target.Cells.Count is equal to 4 and likewise Target.Address is equal
to "$G$5:$J$5".

Is there anything I can do about this other than to check which version
of Excel is running? Any other coding suggestions welcome.
Thanks