Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default (2003) Pasting into merged cells

When I try to paste from another sheet into merged cells the cells unmerge
placing the data that is supposed to be in the adjacent collumn into the now
unmerged cells. As this sheet is as a standard form throughout our department
not using merged cells is not an option. How do I get the cells to stay
merged when pasting?
--
Therapist Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have merge K1:N1 on Sheet 1
I copy a single cell from Sheet3 to the merged cells
The result is merged on the four cells
I paste with either CTRL+V ,or by right clicking and using Paste
What is different with you? (I also am using XL2003)
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Therapistmatt" wrote in message
When I try to paste from another sheet into merged cells the cells unmerge
placing the data that is supposed to be in the adjacent collumn into the
now
unmerged cells. As this sheet is as a standard form throughout our
department
not using merged cells is not an option. How do I get the cells to stay
merged when pasting?
--
Therapist Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A8:B8 merged pair (A9:B9 through A24:B24 also merged pairs). I highlight 3
cells on other sheet. Then I right click to pull down menu and select copy;
then right click over cells A8-D8 of this sheet. Data drops into A8 B8 & C8
and A8 and B8 unmerge. I need the first cell of data to paste into A8:B8
merged. Is there a way to make it do that?
--
Therapist Matt

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No. My experiment was one cell pasted to a triple merged range. Pasting
multiple cells will always unmerge. How about using a macro?

Sub CopyMerge()

Sheets("Sheet3").Select
Range("A1:C1").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("A8:B8").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("B8:C8").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Cut
Range("C8").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("A8:B8").Select
With Selection
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
.WrapText = False
.Orientation = 0
.AddIndent = False
.IndentLevel = 0
.ShrinkToFit = False
.ReadingOrder = xlContext
.MergeCells = False
End With
Selection.Merge

End Sub

Unfamiliar with macros? See David McRitchie's site on "getting started" with
VBA

best wishes