Jacques E. Bouchard

Default Pasting into merged cells

"?B?Tmlra2k=?=" wrote in
:

I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells
to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an
error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it
only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I
don't know of that will paste into the merged cells?

An old post, I know, but I just found the solution to my problem, which was
similar to yours - and no, the soluton isn't "Don't do it", which seems to
be what people pontificate when they don't have the answer.

Simpy, do a "paste special" and select "formula". This works for me when I
need to paste text.

Now anyone else with the same problem can Google this answer.

jaybee
JE McGimpsey

"Don't do it" is not "what people pontificate when they don't have the
answer," it's what people pontificate when they know that merged cells
are the spawn of Satan and cause far more problems than they are worth...