Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Overriding ScreenUpdate function

I have a workbook that consolidates information from other workbooks. During
the consolidation process I have set ScreenUpdating in the master workbook to
False. However, the workbooks that I'm copying data from also contain
ScreenUpdating functions which overide the master.

Is there anyway that I can disable ScreenUpdating on the other workbooks
from the master code? Or, is there another function that I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Trevor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you create a sub routine that calls all the other subs, you can put the
ScreenUpdating command in the calling routine and remove it from all the
others.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Trevor Williams" wrote:

I have a workbook that consolidates information from other workbooks. During
the consolidation process I have set ScreenUpdating in the master workbook to
False. However, the workbooks that I'm copying data from also contain
ScreenUpdating functions which overide the master.

Is there anyway that I can disable ScreenUpdating on the other workbooks
from the master code? Or, is there another function that I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Kevin

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately the workbooks that I'm copying data
from do need the ScreenUpdating functions in them as they are used separately
before the consolidation process.

If it's not possible, do you know of a way to always keep the master
workbook on top of the other workbooks when they open?

Trevor

"Trevor Williams" wrote:

I have a workbook that consolidates information from other workbooks. During
the consolidation process I have set ScreenUpdating in the master workbook to
False. However, the workbooks that I'm copying data from also contain
ScreenUpdating functions which overide the master.

Is there anyway that I can disable ScreenUpdating on the other workbooks
from the master code? Or, is there another function that I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Trevor,

I assume that there are some routines firing on open because of code in the
Workbook_Open sub.
Before opening these, use application.enableEvents=False.
This will disable temporarily the Workbook_Open sub.
Regards
Jean-Yves

"Trevor Williams" wrote in
message ...

"Trevor Williams" wrote:

I have a workbook that consolidates information from other workbooks.
During
the consolidation process I have set ScreenUpdating in the master
workbook to
False. However, the workbooks that I'm copying data from also contain
ScreenUpdating functions which overide the master.

Is there anyway that I can disable ScreenUpdating on the other
workbooks
from the master code? Or, is there another function that I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jean-Yves

Thanks, that sounds like the thing I'm looking for. Will it also stop
Worksheet_Activate subs too?

Trevor