Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Screen flicker despite ScreenUpdate = False in the first line of code

Hi,

I have "Application.ScreenUpdate = False" in first row after "Sub.." and has
it as "= True" the last line just before "End Sub"

Why does my screen still flicker irritating when I run the code? What can I
do to prevent it?

/Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Don't know if the typo is just in your message, but try

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

instead of Application.ScreenUpdate = false

HTH

Ken

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try...

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

the *ing should make all the difference.

Jorda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think its the typo error. He says that the screen is flickerin
and not updating. Infact even I have this problem, but I guess we hav
to live with it.

- Manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

did he change both??

Jorda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gunnar Johansson wrote:

Hi,

I have "Application.ScreenUpdate = False" in first row after "Sub.." and has
it as "= True" the last line just before "End Sub"

Why does my screen still flicker irritating when I run the code? What can I
do to prevent it?

/Regards

Assuming this isn't a typo issue...
Do you have use any AutoFilters in the code? I have found that they can
produce flicker even when ScreenUpdating = False. I've worked around
this by turning ScreenUpdating off *again* when finished with the
Autofilters.

-Jason
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Right, the syntax IS ok! Just - do we have to live with this?

As you Mangesh correctly found, I mentioned in the text body the whole
syntax "Application.ScreenUpdate = False".

I belive many of you guys find this flickering and for some, often smaller
macros, there is no flickering. The question is - why does it occure when
screenupdate=false? Is it just some special commands, is it the length of
the code, is it the screenupdate=false command itself??? ... or?
Please continue the discussion.

If some of you know if there is some special commands that create screen
flicker despite screenupdate=false, please tell so I can try to use other
solutions instead.

/Regards

"mangesh_yadav " skrev i
meddelandet ...
I don't think its the typo error. He says that the screen is flickering
and not updating. Infact even I have this problem, but I guess we have
to live with it.

- Mangesh

---