Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import Data into a Formula

Dear All,

working in Office 2003 on XP workstations, we have a user who would like to
have a process automated. Currently after running an export routine from an
Access database, she can open an Excel worksheet that has the required data.
She selects two ranges, sums them, inserts a page break, and does some
cosmetic changes.

I can create macros that would allow her to slect the various ranges and do
what needs to be done.

I am wondering, however, if it is possible to create a template that has all
the formatting and formulas in place, and to import the data (into the
formlae) so that the entire process is automated. In my limited testing, I
find that any "import" seems to automatically create new colums, pushing the
cells with the formulas aside.

I've done a fair amount of work with VBA in Word and we have control over
the Access output (doesn't need to be a spreadsheet). I'd appreiciate it,
if this seems do-able, if someone could point me in the right general
direction to make it possible??

Sincerely,

Ridge (in New Joisey)