Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vb function in personal.xls

I have written a function that works fine if I add it to a module for
that particular worksheet. When I add it to a module in my personal.xls
sheet so I can use it on anything I open I get the #Name error. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Udo Udo is offline

Need some more information. The code (at least the core of it) of that
function would be helpful.
Udo

schrieb:

I have written a function that works fine if I add it to a module for
that particular worksheet. When I add it to a module in my personal.xls
sheet so I can use it on anything I open I get the #Name error. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What does your formula look like when you try to use the UDF in personal.xls

Does it look like:
=personal.xls!myFunction(a1)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to call it with

=Personal.xls!myFunc()

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have written a function that works fine if I add it to a module for
that particular worksheet. When I add it to a module in my personal.xls
sheet so I can use it on anything I open I get the #Name error. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Note to add to Bob and Dave's responses.

If you place the macros and functions in an add-in you will not have to preface
with the filename

=myFunc() will be sufficient.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:26:06 +0100, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

You need to call it with

=Personal.xls!myFunc()