-   -   vb function in personal.xls (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372395-vbulletin-function-personal-xls.html)

[email protected]

vb function in personal.xls

I have written a function that works fine if I add it to a module for
that particular worksheet. When I add it to a module in my personal.xls
sheet so I can use it on anything I open I get the #Name error. Any
suggestions?

Udo

vb function in personal.xls

Need some more information. The code (at least the core of it) of that
function would be helpful.
Udo

schrieb:

I have written a function that works fine if I add it to a module for
that particular worksheet. When I add it to a module in my personal.xls
sheet so I can use it on anything I open I get the #Name error. Any
suggestions?

Dave Peterson

vb function in personal.xls

What does your formula look like when you try to use the UDF in personal.xls

Does it look like:
=personal.xls!myFunction(a1)

--

Dave Peterson

Bob Phillips

vb function in personal.xls

You need to call it with

=Personal.xls!myFunc()

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have written a function that works fine if I add it to a module for
that particular worksheet. When I add it to a module in my personal.xls
sheet so I can use it on anything I open I get the #Name error. Any
suggestions?

Gord Dibben

vb function in personal.xls

Note to add to Bob and Dave's responses.

If you place the macros and functions in an add-in you will not have to preface
with the filename

=myFunc() will be sufficient.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:26:06 +0100, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

You need to call it with

=Personal.xls!myFunc()