Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Public function in Personal.xls

I have a series of utility functions in Personal.xls

I know how to call them from a worksheet cell.

What is the syntax to call them from VBA code?

TIA,
--
AP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.Run is OK for a Sub, not a Function.

Setting a reference to Personal.xls fails: "Module name, project name or
library name already in use"

Cheers
--
AP

"Bob Phillips" a écrit dans le message de news:
Look at Application.Run in help, or set a reference to Personal.xls in
your
workbook, then you could call them as if they were locakl to your
workbook.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ardus Petus" wrote in message
I have a series of utility functions in Personal.xls

I know how to call them from a worksheet cell.

What is the syntax to call them from VBA code?

TIA,
--
AP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob

set a reference to Personal.xls in your workbook

Are you sure about this, because I can not find Personal in Excel 2003
reference.
What must I look for?

--
Best regards
Joergen Bondesen

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Look at Application.Run in help, or set a reference to Personal.xls in
your
workbook, then you could call them as if they were locakl to your
workbook.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ardus Petus" wrote in message
I have a series of utility functions in Personal.xls

I know how to call them from a worksheet cell.

What is the syntax to call them from VBA code?

TIA,
--
AP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ardus Petus" wrote in message
Application.Run is OK for a Sub, not a Function.

Not correct, it works just as well on a function

MsgBox Application.Run("Personal.xls!testrun", "aok")

Setting a reference to Personal.xls fails: "Module name, project name or
library name already in use"

Not on my system it doesn't, works fine. You might need to name the
Personal.xls project something meaningful so that you can find it in the
list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes I am sure, it is just another workbook and it can be referenced as such.
As long as you have a Personal.xls (and that is not a given, it has to be
created), you should see it in the list of references. As I mentioned to
Ardus, you may need to change the project name in Properties, so that it is
unique, and identifiable in the list.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

[...]