Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default grouping sheets

Hi, When I used lotus 123 I used to group the sheets so if I was in cell a5
in the first sheet then if I moved to another sheet the curser was in cell a5
as well.
Can I do this with XL if so how?

Thanks in advance Wildauk.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wildauk, hold down the ctrl key and select the sheets you want, or right
click the sheet tab and select all sheets

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"wildauk" wrote in message
Hi, When I used lotus 123 I used to group the sheets so if I was in cell

a5
in the first sheet then if I moved to another sheet the curser was in cell

a5
as well.
Can I do this with XL if so how?

Thanks in advance Wildauk.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hold down the Ctrl key while selecting sheets to individually select more
than one sheet. You can also use the Shift key to select multiple sheets.
While holding down the Shift key if you select another sheet all of the sheet
inbetween will also be selected.

Now what you do on one sheet will also be done on the other selected sheets.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"wildauk" wrote:

Hi, When I used lotus 123 I used to group the sheets so if I was in cell a5
in the first sheet then if I moved to another sheet the curser was in cell a5
as well.
Can I do this with XL if so how?

Thanks in advance Wildauk.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes you can, Hold down the Ctrl button then select the sheets that you
want grouped, however, when you enter data in this mode, it is entered
into all selected sheets.

Charles

wildauk wrote:
Hi, When I used lotus 123 I used to group the sheets so if I was in cell a5
in the first sheet then if I moved to another sheet the curser was in cell a5
as well.
Can I do this with XL if so how?

Thanks in advance Wildauk.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

HI JIm, I see what you are saying but I don't want to do the same thing on
each sheet I just want the cursor to be in the same place on each sheet, so
if I page down on sheet one then page two will page down as well but if I
type 150 into cell G5 one sheet one I do not get 150 in Cell G5 on sheet two.

Wildauk.

"wildauk" wrote:

Hi, When I used lotus 123 I used to group the sheets so if I was in cell a5
in the first sheet then if I moved to another sheet the curser was in cell a5
as well.
Can I do this with XL if so how?

Thanks in advance Wildauk.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am affraid that in xl when sheets are grouped together, they are by default
in edit mode and are edited together. There is no easy way around this that I
can think of.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"wildauk" wrote:

Hi, When I used lotus 123 I used to group the sheets so if I was in cell a5
in the first sheet then if I moved to another sheet the curser was in cell a5
as well.
Can I do this with XL if so how?

Thanks in advance Wildauk.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks any way,

"wildauk" wrote:

Hi, When I used lotus 123 I used to group the sheets so if I was in cell a5
in the first sheet then if I moved to another sheet the curser was in cell a5
as well.
Can I do this with XL if so how?

Thanks in advance Wildauk.

Grouping sheets copies Header across to all sheets James Trujillo[_2_] Excel Worksheet Functions 1 December 7th 09 08:16 PM
Any way to react on grouping sheets? Michael Mueller Excel Programming 1 March 14th 06 04:10 PM
Grouping Sheets keith Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 13th 05 06:00 PM
grouping sheets Hans Excel Programming 5 April 28th 04 01:23 PM
Grouping Sheets in VBA John Pierce Excel Programming 0 January 15th 04 01:06 AM