Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What is VBA programming code in 'Excel12' format?

Trying to learn new VBA programming code in Excel. Found a _lot_ of good
stuff at MrExcel.com. When I pasted it into my workbook, the code would not
execute. Reading more into it, it looks like I need some sort of upgrade to
'Excel12' (currently have Microsoft Professional 2003). I need help
understanding what this means. Do I need an add-in? Do I need Microsoft 2007?
Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any of the code posted at Mr Excel should be compatible with Excel 2003.
IMO, Excel 2007 isn't ready for regular use. You have to know where to put
it. It doesn't get pasted into a workbook; instead it goes into code modules
associated with the workbook.

In Excel, press ALT+F11 to open the VB Editor. Find your workbook listed in
the project explorer window, right click, select Insert Module. Paste the
code in here, making sure that each routine starts with

Sub MyRoutine()

(replace MyRoutine with the sub's name) and ends with

End Sub

From here, if you have questions post back to this forum or to Mr Excel.
Specific questions are best. Or you could use Google, one of my favorite
programming tools.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP