Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automation Error: The system cannot find file specified

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Excel Professional Edition 2003. I am accessing methods
in a .Net dll by referencing its tlb in the macro of the excel. The tlb is
created while building the .Net solution by selecting the "Regoister for COM
Interop" option in the project properties.

Both the dll and excel file have been undergoing changes and working
perfectly for over six months. But since yesterday (after changing some code
in the excel macro and referencing the newly build tlb), I am getting
"Automation Error
The system cannot find specified file."
The method to create the tlb hasnt changed. I am at a loss as to why this
error is occuriing. Any help in this regard is welcome.

Regards,
Shilpa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes, both your assumptions are right.
Could you please explain broken binay compatilbility? Solution for the same
will be highly appreciated.