Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default The system cannot find the file specfied

I am using Vista Premium with Office 2007

Since short I am not able to open an Excel-Attachment direct from Outlook.

It is possible to "preview" the content, but after a "double-click" Excel
starts and I will get the message "The system cannot find the file specified"
as an MS Office Outlook message.

I am able to open other attachments like word-files or pdf-files without
this error.

I did already a "repair" for office without success and I checked if this
strange behavior happens with other excel-attachments too. It does :-(

I deleted the content from the folder. The excel-file will be created, I am
able ot open it by "drag and drop"; however I cannot open it by
doubleclicking on it. This generates an error message as follows: Windows
cannot find C:\users.....\xxx.xls

I have made some further tests like placing the file in another folder (on
the desktop) an I had the problem too. It might be an Excel-problem...

After reading som posts here I have learned that the problem is known and
that there are proposals to fix it for Excel before 2007. Does anybody ahs an
idea how to solve this under Excel 2007?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Heimo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found the solution finally,

I had to uncheck "ignore other applications that..." under Excel Options /
Advanced / General

Heimo

--
hew