WightRob

Default Go To an address specfied in a cell

Hello Folks,

Does anyone know how I can move the cursor to a cell, the address of
which is specified in another cell?
Here is the scenario. I enter a list of hours worked in a specfic week
on a data entry sheet. I hit a button and the values are copied to a
data summary sheet, the position depends on the Week No., the first
cell is specfied as the address "Data!29" for Week 5. I reckon I can
handle a recorded macro to copy and paste the data but how do I locate
the correct start cell?
I have tried copying and pasting into the GoTo box but that doesn't
work.

Data!J29

Week No 5

Sat 0.00
Sun 0.00
Mon 9.50
Tue 9.00
Wed 8.50
Thur 8.00
Fri 6.00

Thanks in anticipation.
Rob

--
WightRob
WightRob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13799

David McRitchie

Hi Rob,
If you paste something like data!29 into the cell address you get a very
explicit error "You must enter a valid reference you want to go to, or type
a valid name for the selection."

You can paste or type data!29:29 or you can paste or type data!A29

Not sure if you have one or two questions, it seems you know where you
want to go.

---
HTH,

"WightRob" wrote in message

[...]

WightRob

Thanks for your reply David,

The reference "Data!29" is a typo, it should read "Data!J29" as in the
example below. I have only one question.

What I am trying to do is automatically paste a range of values from
one worksheet to a specified location on another worksheet (named Data!
in my example).

The address of the start cell on the worksheet Data! is J29. This
address already appears on the first worksheet (it's value changes
relative to the week number).

If I was doing this manually, I would simply copy the data on the first
sheet, go to the cell J29 on the sheet Data! and paste the data in.

I want to automate this with a macro. What I don't know how to do is
make the cursor move to cell Data!J29 from within the macro.

Hope that clarifies it.

Regards

Rob