Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel wont let me create a formula between worksheets

I am using a spreadsheet that has mutiple worksheets. I want to copy some
information already in cell A1 on sheet 1 to cell B2 on sheet 2. I therefore
create a formula Cell B2 in sheet 2 that states '+sheet1!A1'. This is
achieved pushing the + sign in cell b2 on sheet 2 and then clicking on cell
A1 in sheet 1. As is normal the cell A1 is highlighted by a flashing dotted
line. However when I press enter a circular reference is created, the tab at
the bottom goes clear and sheet one is placed into a frame. On sheet 1 the
formula that I wnated on sheet 2 cell B2 now appears in the cell b2 on sheet
1. In Cell B2 Sheet2 it remains blank and a cisculer reference is created.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi fiolexem

Select B2 in sheet2
hit + (you can use =; + or -)
With mouse select sheet1 tab (both sheets are now selected but sheet1
is Bold)
Select cell A1 (in formulaline you have now: =+Sheet1!A1)
Enter (back to sheet2 below cell B2, depending on your "move selection
after Enter")

--
Best Regards
Joergen Bondesen