Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to find a particular cell using macro?

Ok, let me explain. I have a worksheet it consist of the following

Column A Column B Column C .....
2-Aug-06

Units 1-Aug-06 2-Aug-06 ..... list goes on
Unit-A
Unit-B

Cost 1-Aug-06 2-Aug-06 ..... list goes on
Unit-A
Unit-B

Sales 1-Aug-06 2-Aug-06 ..... list goes on
Unit-A
Unit-B

Let's say today is the 2-Aug-06 in cell "A1" (this is a referring t
another worksheet). Now i want to activate the cell under "Cost" fo
"Unit-B" for that particular date, which is cell "C9".

Can anybody help me write a macro to find and activate this cell?

Thanks in advance. :

--
Infinit
Infinity's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3272

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Infinity,

I don't think you need code to do this but more formatting of the
sheet with the Vlookup Code... Have you considered using all 256 dates
(top row) and assigning a HLOOKUP code?

Infinity wrote:
Ok, let me explain. I have a worksheet it consist of the following

Column A Column B Column C .....
2-Aug-06

Units 1-Aug-06 2-Aug-06 ..... list goes on
Unit-A
Unit-B

Cost 1-Aug-06 2-Aug-06 ..... list goes on
Unit-A
Unit-B

Sales 1-Aug-06 2-Aug-06 ..... list goes on
Unit-A
Unit-B

Let's say today is the 2-Aug-06 in cell "A1" (this is a referring to
another worksheet). Now i want to activate the cell under "Cost" for
"Unit-B" for that particular date, which is cell "C9".

Can anybody help me write a macro to find and activate this cell?

Thanks in advance. :)

--
Infinity
Infinity's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32725
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573630

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The file was done in a particular manner so that the values there ar
being lookup. I cant change the format now, the file is too big.:(

Btw, i need to activate the cell is because i want to copy some value
there.

hope that u can help me out here.

Thanks again..:

--
Infinit
Infinity's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3272
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57363

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually i manage to find the row for "Cost" but then i cant seem t
figure out how do i go to the particular date and activate the cel
below...

Here's what i did..
For Each c In Range("A:A")
If c.Value = "Cost" Then
c.Cells(1, 1).Select
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select
End If
Next c

Please help and thanks.:

--
Infinit
Infinity's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3272
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57363

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry for being buggy... but anybody? Please... Pretty please..