Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel "Calculating Cells"...

hi folks

Since including some VBA & macros in my Excel sheet performance of my
Excel file has slowed considerably. It appears Excel is "calculating
cells" for any values I drop & drag in each sheet...The VBA code is a
series of loop, else, if etc...

Performance of the workbook is now very slow..

Rather than post all the VBA & macro code here are there any "rules of
thumb" to look out for...

I don't want to set "Calculation" to manual in the book...

thanks for the help..(I know I'm not giving much to go by...)

rgds
Conor

--
okelly
okelly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First look at Charles William's site:

www.decisionmodels.com

If you still have problems, do post your code

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"okelly" wrote in message

| hi folks
|
| Since including some VBA & macros in my Excel sheet performance of my
| Excel file has slowed considerably. It appears Excel is "calculating
| cells" for any values I drop & drag in each sheet...The VBA code is a
| series of loop, else, if etc...
|
| Performance of the workbook is now very slow..
|
| Rather than post all the VBA & macro code here are there any "rules of
| thumb" to look out for...
|
| I don't want to set "Calculation" to manual in the book...
|
| thanks for the help..(I know I'm not giving much to go by...)
|
| rgds
| Conor
|

| --
| okelly
| okelly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36708
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571736

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try wrapping your macros with the following:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Good luck,
pflugs