Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting new data before "calculating cells" is done???

Hi everyone! You guys have teached me so many things that now I have a new
problem...
My worksheet is so big that it takes a long time to recalculate everything
after inserting a new data. The problem is that I need to insert data faster
without changing my computer!
I'd like that excel let me move to next cell and insert new data on it
before it finishes calculating all cells. It doesnt matter to me that I have
a delay on the out data, but i need to insert data faster.
Calculating all after finishing my work does not solve my problem, because I
need some information live.

Thanks a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way is to set the calc mode to "Manual"
Click Tools Options Calculation tab Check "Manual" OK

Then when you're done with all the data entries, etc ..
just press F9 key to calc ..
--
Max
Singapore
"Fecozisk" wrote:
Hi everyone! You guys have teached me so many things that now I have a new
problem...
My worksheet is so big that it takes a long time to recalculate everything
after inserting a new data. The problem is that I need to insert data faster
without changing my computer!
I'd like that excel let me move to next cell and insert new data on it
before it finishes calculating all cells. It doesnt matter to me that I have
a delay on the out data, but i need to insert data faster.
Calculating all after finishing my work does not solve my problem, because I
need some information live.

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thats a way out... but not ecxatly what i thoght...
I'm analysing a soccer match with my worksheet, so i never stop adding
information to it. The problem on you method is that I always need to view
the informations DURING the match. So i may not be able to wait excel to
calculated all cells after pressing F9 (because the match will restart at any
minute and excel probably would take a long time to calculate everything,
right?

thank you anyway! but i'll still looking for another alternative!

"Fecozisk" wrote:
Hi everyone! You guys have teached me so many things that now I have a new
problem...
My worksheet is so big that it takes a long time to recalculate everything
after inserting a new data. The problem is that I need to insert data faster
without changing my computer!
I'd like that excel let me move to next cell and insert new data on it
before it finishes calculating all cells. It doesnt matter to me that I have
a delay on the out data, but i need to insert data faster.
Calculating all after finishing my work does not solve my problem, because I
need some information live.

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

No prob.

Perhaps try Charles William's:
http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsg.htm
would have something relevant for you

Also, hang around awhile for possible insights from others ..