Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Schedule task without Login

I have an excel macro that is run as a scheduled task using the windows XP
scheduler.

Is it possible to have the macro run without having to login into windows ?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, seems to work, as you have to provide credentials for RunAs.
I would suggest you put in a lot of error handling and ensure no
dialogs/msgboxes etc are shown, as you will not have a desktop and as such
no way to interact with Excel if required.

NickHK

"macroplay" wrote in message
I have an excel macro that is run as a scheduled task using the windows XP
scheduler.

Is it possible to have the macro run without having to login into windows

?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The same as you schedule any task, but set it run on "When my computer
starts up".
Windows 2K has that option anyway, don't know about XP.

NickHK

"macroplay" wrote in message
How so I set up the task o run without logging in ?

"NickHK" wrote:

Eh ??

NickHK