Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command bar

Hi,

How do I hide or disable the "save" command in the "File" menu for a
workbook, so I ensure that changes will not be saved in the "template".
--
Fisker
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Fisker,
Why not make your file a real XL template, by FileSaveAsChange Save as
type to "Template".
Then when it opened, you actually open a copy of this file, not the actual
file. So a Save actually brings up the SaveAs dialog, as the file has no
..Path.

NickHK

"Fisker" wrote in message

How do I hide or disable the "save" command in the "File" menu for a
workbook, so I ensure that changes will not be saved in the "template".
--
Fisker

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your answer - I am aware of this possibility, but if I save the
xl template on a network drive, it is still possible to save changes in the
original file. 1-2 years ago I found the solution how to hide or manage the
options on the "File" menu, but unfortunately I have forgot how to do it now.
--
Fisker

"Fisker" wrote in message

How do I hide or disable the "save" command in the "File" menu for a
workbook, so I ensure that changes will not be saved in the "template".
--
Fisker

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MaC MaC is offline

If you've got your own menu or toolbar, then just you can disable Excel main
menu bar like this:

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled=FALSE

To switch it on again use:

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled=TRUE

HTH
MarioC

Użytkownik "Fisker" napisał w wiadomo¶ci

How do I hide or disable the "save" command in the "File" menu for a
workbook, so I ensure that changes will not be saved in the "template".
--
Fisker

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If that's the concern, XL cannot save you as anyone can just save on top of
the file.
Use Windows permission, to only allow Read-Only access to everyone.

NickHK

"Fisker" wrote in message

How do I hide or disable the "save" command in the "File" menu for a
workbook, so I ensure that changes will not be saved in the

"template".
--
Fisker

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a lot of informaton here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830502/en-us

Sub FileMenu_Save_Disable()
Dim myCmd As Object
Set myCmd = CommandBars("Worksheet menu bar").Controls("File")
myCmd.Controls("Save").Enabled = False
End Sub