Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default One command in one cell initiating another command in another cel.

I would like to create a cell that directs a number of cells formulas. eg. If
I direct F2=B5, then Q6 will equal N4, Z6 will equal F9 and E7 will equal K1.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Formulas in a cell cannot change values in any other cell unless the other
cell has a formula referencing the first cell.

Q6, Z6 and E7 must have their own formulas referencing F2 value.

i.e. In Q6 =IF(F2=B5,N6,"not equal")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 08:42:01 -0800, Chas52
wrote:

I would like to create a cell that directs a number of cells formulas. eg. If
I direct F2=B5, then Q6 will equal N4, Z6 will equal F9 and E7 will equal K1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Build that check into the formulas of the cells themselves.

In Q6:
=IF(F2=B5, N4, "")

In Z6:
=IF(F2=B5, F9, "")

In E7:
=IF(F2=B5, K1, "")

Does that get you started?

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Chas52" wrote:

I would like to create a cell that directs a number of cells formulas. eg. If
I direct F2=B5, then Q6 will equal N4, Z6 will equal F9 and E7 will equal K1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what you mean by 'commanding' or 'directing' a cell. A formula can't
reach out and change the value in another cell, delete coluns, insert rows,
etc. A formula just attempts to compute some kind of value and returns it to
the cell containing the formula. A formula can look at the values in other
cells as part of the computation. Try this:

In Q6, enter =IF(F2=B5,N4,0)
In Z6, enter =IF(F2=B5,F9,0)
In E7, enter =IF(F2=B5,K1,0)

Hope this helps,