Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I need some Help with FollowHyperlink please (Error 432)

If I use the following:

ActiveWorkBook.FollowHyperlink "C:\A 1.pdf", NewWindow:=True

It works fine, but if the file name contains a # I get an error 432 (File
name or class name not found during Automation operation)

ActiveWorkBook.FollowHyperlink "C:\A#1.pdf", NewWindow:=True

I assume that this function simply does not allow a # in a file name (which
is a legal file charactor) is this correct? Am I doing something wrong and/or
is there a work around and are there any other charactors that will not work
here?

--
Trefor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

We use hyperlinks at work but we cannot get them to go into or past folders
with a # in the name..

i.e. we link directly to an excel file which is in a folder called '#_FAQ_#'
(because we want the folder to be at the top of the list when you open it's
parent folder) however the Hyperlink will only go as far as to open the
parent folder of #_FAQ_#

It would seem to me that you are correct to assume that Hyperlinks do not
work properly when they contain '#'