Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trefor Trefor is offline

Default I need some Help with FollowHyperlink please (Error 432)

If I use the following:

ActiveWorkBook.FollowHyperlink "C:\A 1.pdf", NewWindow:=True

It works fine, but if the file name contains a # I get an error 432 (File
name or class name not found during Automation operation)

ActiveWorkBook.FollowHyperlink "C:\A#1.pdf", NewWindow:=True

I assume that this function simply does not allow a # in a file name (which
is a legal file charactor) is this correct? Am I doing something wrong and/or
is there a work around and are there any other charactors that will not work
here?

--
Trefor