Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Split out info in a Cell

Hi,

I Have

A1=Mr J A Tatman EngTech MIET
A2=Tatman

I need to split out the Qualification Affixes from the name into it
own cell, I need to use the surname to do this(Unique to every row) a
the amount of affixes isn't the same I cant just split out each word t
a cell.

So I need to Use the surname as a pointer to difine where i split th
cell

can any1 help??

thank

--
Stuart
Stuartf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3453

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADG ADG is offline

Hi
The below puts Qualifications in A3

Dim x, y As Long
x = InStr(1, Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1).Value,
Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(2, 1).Value)
y = Len(Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(2, 1).Value)
Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(3, 1).Value =
Right$(Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1).Value,
Len(Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1).Value) - x - y)

HTHs
--
Tony Green

"Stuartf" wrote:

Hi,

I Have

A1=Mr J A Tatman EngTech MIET
A2=Tatman

I need to split out the Qualification Affixes from the name into its
own cell, I need to use the surname to do this(Unique to every row) as
the amount of affixes isn't the same I cant just split out each word to
a cell.

So I need to Use the surname as a pointer to difine where i split the
cell

can any1 help??

thanks

--
Stuartf
Stuartf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34535

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks ton

--
Stuart
Stuartf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3453
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56798

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry im not up to speed with macros

how do i put this in my excel file and get it to run