Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to make a ComboBox dependent on another?

I am trying to set a ComboBox to list values dependent, on what was
selected on an earlier ComboBox.

Private Sub ComboBox2_Change()
Select Case Comboxbox1.ListIndex
Case 0 'Operator Interface
ComboBox2.AddItem "Pushbutton" 'ListIndex = 0
ComboBox2.AddItem "Selector Switch" 'ListIndex = 1
ComboBox2.AddItem "Cam Switch" 'ListIndex = 2
ComboBox2.AddItem "Foot Switch" 'ListIndex = 3
End Select
End Sub

But it doesn't seem to be happy with my approach, I get Run-Time error
'424': Object Required.

Am I missing something simple, or is this approach incorrect, is there
another way?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would use the click event, but as far as the error - that usually indicates
an invalid object

since "Comboxbox1" appears to be misspelled I would look there first.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

I am trying to set a ComboBox to list values dependent, on what was
selected on an earlier ComboBox.

Private Sub ComboBox2_Change()
Select Case Comboxbox1.ListIndex
Case 0 'Operator Interface
ComboBox2.AddItem "Pushbutton" 'ListIndex = 0
ComboBox2.AddItem "Selector Switch" 'ListIndex = 1
ComboBox2.AddItem "Cam Switch" 'ListIndex = 2
ComboBox2.AddItem "Foot Switch" 'ListIndex = 3
End Select
End Sub

But it doesn't seem to be happy with my approach, I get Run-Time error
'424': Object Required.

Am I missing something simple, or is this approach incorrect, is there
another way?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Quote "since "Comboxbox1" appears to be misspelled" This is a good
reason to require "Variable Declaration". In the VB editor goto
Tools... Options... and check "Require Variable Declaration". This
places "Option Explicit" at the top of every new code page, requiring
that you dim variables otherwise you will receive a compile error.
Basically it's a spell checking service for me.

Charles
xl Geek