Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dependent combobox

I have a worksheet and I am attaching it.It has resources in the firs
column and Activities in the next column.Resources have duplicat
values and I want only unique values to be selected in the dro
down.When I select Material the activities and other comboboxes shoul
populate accordingly.

Please help.I have tried all different websites including contexture
and some other ones.I have no clue how to do it.I would reall
appreciate if someone could he;lp me with the code

Attachment filename: test2.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=63757

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

There is a way of doing this, it can be quite complex so
i'd have a mess around on a test spreadsheet first.

I have used in the past a pivot table on a lookup sheet,
so when you select something from your first combobox it
will put this value in the cell where the drop down
selcetion of the pivot table is and switch the pivot table
accordingly, then populate, what ever you want with the
returned values in the pivot.

if you put a cell next to the pivot table (assuming the
pivot table is in a1 for this example) "=match("Grand
Total",a:a,1) this will give you the septh of the pivot,
so you can then use the range, a3:a (this result -1) to
populate what you want.

Hope this helps.

Any other probs, drop me a line

Nath
I have a worksheet and I am attaching it.It has resources

in the first
column and Activities in the next column.Resources have

duplicate
values and I want only unique values to be selected in

the drop
down.When I select Material the activities and other

comboboxes should
populate accordingly.

Please help.I have tried all different websites including

contextures
and some other ones.I have no clue how to do it.I would

really
appreciate if someone could he;lp me with the code.

Attachment filename:

test2.xls
Download attachment:

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=637577
---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did the dependent combobox using filters but I getting error wheneve
I get to autofilter line in cboActivities_Change() function
please help

I am attaching my code for referenc

Attachment filename: test2.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=63888