Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to make a ComboBox dependent on another?

I would use the click event, but as far as the error - that usually indicates
an invalid object

since "Comboxbox1" appears to be misspelled I would look there first.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

I am trying to set a ComboBox to list values dependent, on what was
selected on an earlier ComboBox.

Private Sub ComboBox2_Change()
Select Case Comboxbox1.ListIndex
Case 0 'Operator Interface
ComboBox2.AddItem "Pushbutton" 'ListIndex = 0
ComboBox2.AddItem "Selector Switch" 'ListIndex = 1
ComboBox2.AddItem "Cam Switch" 'ListIndex = 2
ComboBox2.AddItem "Foot Switch" 'ListIndex = 3
End Select
End Sub

But it doesn't seem to be happy with my approach, I get Run-Time error
'424': Object Required.

Am I missing something simple, or is this approach incorrect, is there
another way?

TIA