Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lost VBA password

I've stupidly lost the password to a VBA module. I remember it was 2
alpha characters. I don't want to purchase a pw cracker, but I also
don't want to try every possible 2-char combo. Is there a way to
programmatically keep trying 2-char combos until it's cracked? I
searched the group, but didn't see this exactly. Thanks! James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Roedd <<Zone wedi ysgrifennu:

I've stupidly lost the password to a VBA module. I remember it was 2
alpha characters. I don't want to purchase a pw cracker, but I also
don't want to try every possible 2-char combo. Is there a way to
programmatically keep trying 2-char combos until it's cracked? I
searched the group, but didn't see this exactly. Thanks! James

If you google, I think you'll find 'demo' versions of VBA password crackers
that will deal with such short passwords.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

email me the file and I will crack it for you.
I will have to wait until I get home from work though.

I have 10:45am here I usually get home around 6p-7p

--
mpeplow
mpeplow's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Rob. I did download one, but my Spyware Tracker went berserk,
so I removed it. James
Robert Bruce wrote:
Roedd <<Zone wedi ysgrifennu:

I've stupidly lost the password to a VBA module. I remember it was 2
alpha characters. I don't want to purchase a pw cracker, but I also
don't want to try every possible 2-char combo. Is there a way to
programmatically keep trying 2-char combos until it's cracked? I
searched the group, but didn't see this exactly. Thanks! James

If you google, I think you'll find 'demo' versions of VBA password crackers
that will deal with such short passwords.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Roedd <<Zone wedi ysgrifennu:

Thanks, Rob. I did download one, but my Spyware Tracker went berserk,
so I removed it. James

http://www.lostpassword.com/vba.htm

2 chars max

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rob, Exceptionally nice of you to try to help me. I downloaded it and
gave it a shot, but it failed. I must be mistaken about it only being
only 2 characters or something. I'll try sending it to mpe. Many
thanks, James

Robert Bruce wrote:
Roedd <<Zone wedi ysgrifennu:

Thanks, Rob. I did download one, but my Spyware Tracker went berserk,
so I removed it. James

http://www.lostpassword.com/vba.htm

2 chars max

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I hope this isn't bad form, but I too have a file that I cannot open due to a
lost password. Rather than jump through the hoops of buying a third-party
application, installing it, and suffering the wrath of the network
administrator -- could I trouble you to crack it?

Thanks for the consideration.