Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
peter

Default lost password

I have a sheet that I both read protected and write protected with a
password. Now I lost the password. I know I am an idiot, but I don't
know if anything at all can be done?

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Tim

Read this article http://lastbit.com/excel-article.asp
Excel Password recovery software at http://lastbit.com/excel/

peter wrote:
I have a sheet that I both read protected and write protected with a
password. Now I lost the password. I know I am an idiot, but I don't
know if anything at all can be done?

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Hi Peter, some might prefer a free solution for internal passwords
McGimpsey & Associates : Excel : Remove internal XL passwords
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
---
HTH,

"peter" wrote in message oups.com...
I have a sheet that I both read protected and write protected with a
password. Now I lost the password. I know I am an idiot, but I don't
know if anything at all can be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
peter

I appreciate the link, David. I don't know how to copy the macro into
my protected book or run the macro on my protected book, as it seems I
have to open it first, and I can't because it is password protected.
Can you help?

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Then it's not just sheet protection afer all.

If you don't have access to the workbook at all then maybe it is
protected by the network administrator if at work. In other words
you cannot copy the file or backup the file with any application..

If neither of those you might have to go for one of the many pay for solutions..

First try installing the macro in your personal.xls file.

I don't play with files with passwords. There is another thread in this group
describing types of Excel protection:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...8u% 404ax.com

--
---
HTH,

"peter" wrote in message oups.com...
I appreciate the link, David. I don't know how to copy the macro into
my protected book or run the macro on my protected book, as it seems I
have to open it first, and I can't because it is password protected.
Can you help?

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
peter

I'm sorry, David, it is workbook protection, not sheet protection. I
protected it from opening. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Peter