Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Default lost password

Then it's not just sheet protection afer all.

If you don't have access to the workbook at all then maybe it is
protected by the network administrator if at work. In other words
you cannot copy the file or backup the file with any application..

If neither of those you might have to go for one of the many pay for solutions..

First try installing the macro in your personal.xls file.

I don't play with files with passwords. There is another thread in this group
describing types of Excel protection:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...8u% 404ax.com

--
---
HTH,

"peter" wrote in message oups.com...
I appreciate the link, David. I don't know how to copy the macro into
my protected book or run the macro on my protected book, as it seems I
have to open it first, and I can't because it is password protected.
Can you help?

Thanks,

Peter