Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Route for new workbook

Dear all,

I'm in process of create new workbook via VBA, did like this:
Set wb = Workbooks.Add(1)

But I was confused what is the route of my new workbook, and if I want to
assign a pre-defined route, how to do?

Could you give any sign? Thanks,
Viesta

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

file path, I mean.

"NickHK" wrote:

Viesta,
What do you mean by "route" ?

NickHK

"ViestaWu" wrote in message
Dear all,

I'm in process of create new workbook via VBA, did like this:
Set wb = Workbooks.Add(1)

But I was confused what is the route of my new workbook, and if I want to
assign a pre-defined route, how to do?

Could you give any sign? Thanks,
Viesta

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Viesta,
If you have just added a new WB, the need to .Save it give it a path. eg.
Dim WB As Workbook
Set WB=Workbooks.Add(1)
WB.Save PathAndFilename

NickHK

"ViestaWu" wrote in message
file path, I mean.

"NickHK" wrote:

Viesta,
What do you mean by "route" ?

NickHK

"ViestaWu" wrote in message
Dear all,

I'm in process of create new workbook via VBA, did like this:
Set wb = Workbooks.Add(1)

But I was confused what is the route of my new workbook, and if I want

assign a pre-defined route, how to do?

Could you give any sign? Thanks,
Viesta

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe it does make sense. and I will take try after reading the Saveas
method in Help Files.

BTW, is sheets.add in the same case?

Thanks so much Nick!

"NickHK" wrote:

Viesta,
If you have just added a new WB, the need to .Save it give it a path. eg.
Dim WB As Workbook
Set WB=Workbooks.Add(1)
WB.Save PathAndFilename

NickHK

"ViestaWu" wrote in message
file path, I mean.

"NickHK" wrote:

Viesta,
What do you mean by "route" ?

NickHK

"ViestaWu" wrote in message
Dear all,

I'm in process of create new workbook via VBA, did like this:
Set wb = Workbooks.Add(1)

But I was confused what is the route of my new workbook, and if I want

assign a pre-defined route, how to do?

Could you give any sign? Thanks,
Viesta

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Viesta,
Sheets.Add is not the same, as a sheet does have a path; the WB that
contains it does.

NickHK

"NickHK" wrote:

Viesta,
If you have just added a new WB, the need to .Save it give it a path.

eg.
Dim WB As Workbook
Set WB=Workbooks.Add(1)
WB.Save PathAndFilename