Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to delete duplicate file example route 2_2:1 or route 2_2:2

i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to route2_2:1
and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the origina?. How
did I create the new files????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul

These are just windows of the same file (WindowNew), just close one, you
are not closing the file, just the window and then save the file

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Paul" wrote in message
i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to route2_2:1
and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the origina?.
How
did I create the new files????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to delete duplicate file example route 2_2:1 or route 2_2

Thanks for the reply Nick. On my memory stick the file shows as route 2. When
I open it it opens up as route 2:1 and route 2:2 under the window drop down.
I tried closing one of the files but it closes both versions at he same time
so I cannot save the original. Any other suggestion and how did I create this
mess?

"Paul" wrote in message
i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to route2_2:1
and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the origina?.
How
did I create the new files????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're displaying the 2:2 window, and you hit:
<Ctrl <W
You'll see the 2:2 change to 2, meaning you closed *only* the duplicate
window.

NOW, save the file while there's *no :2*.

As Nick explained,
Each time you click (accidentally or intentionally),
<Window <New Window,
You create a *copy* of the sheet.
This is great for being able to display different sections of the same sheet
*or* file at the same time, by going back into <Window, and choosing
<Arrange, and configuring your screen to different display modes.
--
HTH,

RD

"Paul" wrote in message
i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to

route2_2:1
and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the

origina?.
How
did I create the new files????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul

Just click the red 'x' just below the top 'x' which closes the application
and you should still have one window open, save in this state

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS