Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Paul is offline

Default how to delete duplicate file example route 2_2:1 or route 2_2

Thanks for the reply Nick. On my memory stick the file shows as route 2. When
I open it it opens up as route 2:1 and route 2:2 under the window drop down.
I tried closing one of the files but it closes both versions at he same time
so I cannot save the original. Any other suggestion and how did I create this
mess?

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Paul

These are just windows of the same file (WindowNew), just close one, you
are not closing the file, just the window and then save the file

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Paul" wrote in message
i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to route2_2:1
and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the origina?.
How
did I create the new files????