Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please help--Interfacing excel with external html sites.

Hello,

This is a really confusing problem to me; because it deals with
interfacing excel vbs and html.

The situation:
There is a website that displays work orders on my company's intranet
(i.e. "www.intranet.com/workorderid=1").

Each work order url has links to about 28-58 tasks that are listed as
unique continuous URL links (i.e.

Task1=url "www.intranet.com/tasknumber1"
Task2=url "www.intranet.com/tasknumber2"

So the work order 1 would have tasks 1-28 displayed as a list of url
links.

Once you complete a task you have to open the work order page, and
then go to the task number URL.

Once you go to the task number url you have to type data into a html
textbox and hit a submit button, once you hit the submit button it
takes you back to the main work order page, from there you have to go
back to the task number url and hit a check-in html button within the
task order url.

What I would like to do:

Is there any way to have excel html and vbs (or what ever would work)
input into the "task" page textbox, and submit the text box, and then
activate the check-in button?

Also, is there any way to have excel display or capture an html site
title?
Like have a msgbox ask for a URL, and then excel will display or record
the page title of that URL?

Really a good resource on how to interface html and vbs would be
great.

I do appreciate all help or advice, even you could recommend a
different scripting language I would be willing to learn it to resolve
this issue.

Thank you all so very much~!
JK

--
johnkubik
johnkubik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36883

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I searched the forum so far just to let you guys know, if
missed this topic already being explained I am sorry

--
johnkubi
johnkubik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3688

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming