Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A tricky format question

Hello,
I asked the following question and received help however, I have a new
twist. Instead of having the due date in column (C) I want to have the
day of the month i.e.: 17 or 27. This way I can use this for any month
without
changing the date each month.
I want to create a spreadsheet listing bills and due dates. I would like
column (A) to have the name of the bill and column (C) the have the due
date.
When the due date is a week away I would like the cell in column (A) to
change colors. I know I should use conditional formatting for this but I
need help with the formula to calculate the seven days within the due date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Bob!

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=AND(C2=TODAY(),C2<=TODAY()+7)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Digital2k" wrote in message
Hello,
I asked the following question and received help however, I have a new
twist. Instead of having the due date in column (C) I want to have the
day of the month i.e.: 17 or 27. This way I can use this for any month
without
changing the date each month.
I want to create a spreadsheet listing bills and due dates. I would like
column (A) to have the name of the bill and column (C) the have the due
date.
When the due date is a week away I would like the cell in column (A) to
change colors. I know I should use conditional formatting for this but I
need help with the formula to calculate the seven days within the due

date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

When the month changes will this formula still work without me changing the
due date?

For example: If I have a due date of 7/27 when the month changes to August,
I'm I going to have to change the

Due date to 8/27?

If so, is there a way I can do this without changing the date? Maybe by
using 27 instead of the full date or having the date change automatically?

Please clarify.

Digital2k

"Digital2k" wrote in message
Hello,
I asked the following question and received help however, I have a new
twist. Instead of having the due date in column (C) I want to have the
day of the month i.e.: 17 or 27. This way I can use this for any month
without
changing the date each month.
I want to create a spreadsheet listing bills and due dates. I would like
column (A) to have the name of the bill and column (C) the have the due
date.
When the due date is a week away I would like the cell in column (A) to
change colors. I know I should use conditional formatting for this but I
need help with the formula to calculate the seven days within the due

date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this

=AND(DATE(YEAR(C2),MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(C2))=TODAY( ),DATE(YEAR(C2),MONTH(TODA
Y()),DAY(C2))<=TODAY()+7)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Digital2k" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks,
However, when I use this in the conditional format window I get an error
message: You may not use unions, intersections or array constants for
conditional formatting criteria.
I'm I using this formula correctly or in the right place?
Digital2k