Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro needed to transfer numerical values in cell from one worksheet to another

Greetings. I have software that downloads large amounts of numerical
data into an excel spreadsheet. The files can be from 500kb to 9 MB. I
need to copy certain cells from this spreadsheet into columns for a new
spreadsheet. In most cases there is a 'pattern' of looking at let's say
every 81st cell in a certain column or maybe in two, or several
columns. Of course it could be looking at every 720th cell. I need to
automate this process. I need it to be an open minded so I can input
the data that needs to be collected into a new spreadsheet.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I can provide a sample
copy of a spreadsheet.

Sincerely,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve

Do provide a sample. Unless one can see this pattern that you mention,
one is not in a position to suggest the solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hussain,

Thank you for your reply. I have many rows and columns of numeric
data. I need a macro that can go down to a specifc row and column in an
active worksheet, select and copy the numerical data in the cells, then
write it to a new active worksheet. As an example, you would go down to
Row 82 Column D copy the data, then write it to a separate active
worksheet in Row 1 Column 1, then in the next iteration you would go to
Row 164 Column D copy the data, then write it to Row 2 Column 2, and on
and on until all the data is collected from the entire worksheet and
copied into the new worksheet. In this case it would be done every 82
rows, but it may be every 35 or 500 rows depending on the file you are
working with. So that part must be user defined. It would be best to
have options of selecting more than one column or rows at a time too.
Does this help?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve

Yes. I see what you mean, but without a sample, can't code it.

Email a sample to me at