Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Missing Recording Macro Indicator

A little help please. When I launch, Record Macro, the indicator no
longer shows. In order to stop the recording, I need to access the
menu structure. Where to I turn the indicator on/off?

Thanks

- John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You know, I did that same thing (killed that poor little window) and never
figured out how to get it back! I've just been living with it, since I don't
record macros all that often, but I'm going to sit right here until someone
answers your question! :)

"John Michl" wrote:

A little help please. When I launch, Record Macro, the indicator no
longer shows. In order to stop the recording, I need to access the
menu structure. Where to I turn the indicator on/off?

Thanks

- John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After you start recording, right-click on the toolbar and select Stop
Recording from the list. Unfortunately, this action will also be
recorded in your macro, so you'll have to delete that line when you're
done recording. But after that, I think it will show each time you
start recording. Or, you could just display the Visual Basic toolbar
and use it to start and stop recording..
James
John Michl wrote:
A little help please. When I launch, Record Macro, the indicator no
longer shows. In order to stop the recording, I need to access the
menu structure. Where to I turn the indicator on/off?

Thanks

- John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can always stop recording by going tools-macro-stop recording

the button toggles between start and stop recording depending on what
state you're in.

if you've killed your toolbar you can bring it back by recording a
macro, then when you can't see your stop recording box right click on
the taskbar and check the box beside "stop recording"

it should appear

--
MDubbelboer
MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Click on Tools - Customize - Toolbars - Stop Recording
This should bring your toolbar back up. Don't click the X. That is what
removed the toolbar in the first place. Instead just record a macro (anything
will do) and click stop on the toolbar... This will hide the toolbar until
the next time you record a macro.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"John Michl" wrote:

A little help please. When I launch, Record Macro, the indicator no
longer shows. In order to stop the recording, I need to access the
menu structure. Where to I turn the indicator on/off?

Thanks

- John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, upon re-reading my post I kinda lead you in the wrong direction. You
need to close the toolbar using the X. What I meant to say was do not close
the toolbar using the X while recording as that is what make the toolbar go
away permanently. sorry for any confusion...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"John Michl" wrote:

A little help please. When I launch, Record Macro, the indicator no
longer shows. In order to stop the recording, I need to access the
menu structure. Where to I turn the indicator on/off?

Thanks

- John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Jim and everyone else that responded. I never thought of that
indicator as a toolbar but now it makes sense. I played around a bit
this is what I learned.

If you start recording and then click the "X" on the toolbar, the macro
continues to record but the tool bar is permanently turned off. (This
is probably how I lost it in the first place.)

If the tool bar is active but you are not recording (the filled-in
circle is gray) then click the "X", the tool bar is hidden until you
start recording at a later time.

- John

"John Michl" wrote:

A little help please. When I launch, Record Macro, the indicator no
longer shows. In order to stop the recording, I need to access the
menu structure. Where to I turn the indicator on/off?

Thanks

- John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I see, the reason the "Stop Recording" option didn't appear in the toolbars
menu was because I wasn't recording! I did find that toolbar in the
"customize" option but when I checked the checkbox I didn't see the toolbar.
You know why? The little bugger came up on my other monitor (I have two)
from the last time I was editing VBA over there! :)