Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default relative reference button missing for recording macros

I have office 2003 [winxp]. I cannot find the relative
reference button needed when recording macros. I have
looked in toolbar customize, add-ins, etc. I have
searched online for help with no success. I need the
tool to record relative reference. All the support
documentation informs me that the button should "be"
there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Christopher

You can find it on the stop recording toolbar

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Christopher" wrote in message ...
I have office 2003 [winxp]. I cannot find the relative
reference button needed when recording macros. I have
looked in toolbar customize, add-ins, etc. I have
searched online for help with no success. I need the
tool to record relative reference. All the support
documentation informs me that the button should "be"
there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could be the toolbar needs to be reset. Right-click on the menu and choose
Customize. On the Toolbars tab, scroll down to find "Stop Recording" and
check the box then click on Reset. Hopefully, that will reset the options
available.

"Christopher" wrote in message
I have office 2003 [winxp]. I cannot find the relative
reference button needed when recording macros. I have
looked in toolbar customize, add-ins, etc. I have
searched online for help with no success. I need the
tool to record relative reference. All the support
documentation informs me that the button should "be"
there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thank you for replying. The stop recording toolbar is
the first place I looked. I have the visual basic
toolbar which has record, stop recording, vb editor,
control toolbox, script editor but no relative
reference. I was using office 2000 and was familar with
the toolbar. This is my Dilemma. Any ideas??

wrote in message news:7a9101c4951f$28ff47c0
I have office 2003 [winxp]. I cannot find the relative
reference button needed when recording macros. I have
looked in toolbar customize, add-ins, etc. I have
searched online for help with no success. I need the
tool to record relative reference. All the support
documentation informs me that the button should "be"
there.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The "Stop Recording" toolbar is not the same as the Visual basic toolbar
I think you have click one time on the X so you don't see it anymore.

Answer from Tom Ogilvy on this problem

Start recording a macro, then right click on a blank area of a toolbar and
select the stop recording toolbar.
(or use View=Toolbars from the menu)
then click the stop button.

Now when you record, the button will appear. Don't click the x to hide it
when recording or you will have to repeat the above.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl