Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding a Comment on a protected sheet

Hi all,

I have a workbook that is used for estimating, Which i have protected
by a password. I'm trying to allow the user to be able to insert
comments and am unable to do so when it is protected. I am currently
using this macro:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Worksheets("Building 1")
..Protect Password:="12345", userinterfaceonly:=True
..EnableOutlining = True
End With

To allow the user to use the outline function; the +/- feature. I know
you should be able to go to tool-protection-- and check edit objects
to allow the user to insert comments, it works while i have the
workbook open, but as soon as i close it an open the file again, i can
no longer insert comments. Does anyone have a macro that will allow a
user to inser a comment cells that are only unlocked?

Thank you,

Sean