Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Font Size in Chart Title

Hello,
I have an embedded chart on a worksheet. I want to know the font size in
the title so I can adjust it. I tried the following:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("newchart").Activate
textsize = ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters.Font.Size

But I get a null value for textsize. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

The syntax is correct. The Null would suggest that the charttitle
contains multiple font attributes. Have you formatted part of the title
in a different size?

If so you will need to check each character in the title, like this.

ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters(4,1).Font.Size

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel