Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating new worksheets in a workbook....with a twist

I am currently trying to create somthing, I dont even know if excel i
capable of doing it however.

Basically I have a main page (Sheet 1) with a list in Column A wit
building sites. Currently it goes from A10-32. Now each of thes
currently has another worksheet within the workbook attached to it, an
the information in row 10 is displayed in that workbook.

Is there a way in excel to create somthing so that when I add a nam
into cell A33 that it automatically creates a new Worksheet with
title of what is written in that cell

--
londa
londar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3297

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheets("Sheet1").activate
Range("A33").activate
x = Activecell
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add After:=ActiveSheet
Activesheet.name = x
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"londar" wrote:

I am currently trying to create somthing, I dont even know if excel is
capable of doing it however.

Basically I have a main page (Sheet 1) with a list in Column A with
building sites. Currently it goes from A10-32. Now each of these
currently has another worksheet within the workbook attached to it, and
the information in row 10 is displayed in that workbook.

Is there a way in excel to create somthing so that when I add a name
into cell A33 that it automatically creates a new Worksheet with a
title of what is written in that cell?

--
londar
londar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32970
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560726

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use the worsheet_change event like so:

if target.currentregion.rows.count worksheets.count - 1 then
worksheets.add after:=worksheets(worksheets.count)
activesheet.name = target.value
end if
End Sub

Col

--
colofnature
colofnature's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34356

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This example will select the next empty cell for the name to be inserted and
then add the sheet and name it.

Workbooks("Yourwbkname.xls").Activate
With Sheets("Sheet1")
Set rng = .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 1)).End(xlDown)
rng.Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate

If inputbox("Type the new name") = vbcancel then
end sub
else
end if
x = Activecell
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add After:=ActiveSheet
Activesheet.name = x
End With
--
Best wishes,