Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with open files

Hi all

I have in a userform that when change opens 2 files that takes about a 2 - 3
second delay before being able to select another combobox is there any way
around this delay?

Thanks in advance

Jason
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jason, VBA code executes one line at a time, and the next line cannot begin
until the current line finishes. I think you were hoping to continue on with
the code while the 2 files were taking their 2 or 3 seconds to open. But
what if the next line of code was to do something with the opened files and
it went ahead and tried to run anyway? - CRASH - or at the least, unexpected
results. If only the world ran this way, but it's not governed by logic,
only the code is.
Mike F