-   -   Help with open files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366175-help-open-files.html)

Jason Zischke

Help with open files

Hi all

I have in a userform that when change opens 2 files that takes about a 2 - 3
second delay before being able to select another combobox is there any way
around this delay?

Thanks in advance

Jason

Mike Fogleman

Help with open files

Jason, VBA code executes one line at a time, and the next line cannot begin
until the current line finishes. I think you were hoping to continue on with
the code while the 2 files were taking their 2 or 3 seconds to open. But
what if the next line of code was to do something with the opened files and
it went ahead and tried to run anyway? - CRASH - or at the least, unexpected
results. If only the world ran this way, but it's not governed by logic,
only the code is.
Mike F